Of the many technological devices introduced to aid in cleaning, none is as popular as the carpet spot cleaner or scrubber. There are many different scrubber models available for your selection, one of which is the Dirt Devil Spot Scrubber, which is an improved version of the original Scrubber.
According to the manufacturer, it is the most powerful handheld scrubber in the market. The manufacturer’s claim stems from the scrubber’s powerful 2.5 amp motor. When compared to that of its predecessor, the 2.5 amp motor is 60% more powerful.
In addition to the powerful motor, it also features a rotating power brush that is as gentle on your carpet as it is efficient at scrubbing off stains, spots, and spills. For maximum cleaning efficiency, the spray nozzle sprays solutions in a narrow and focused manner ideal for cleaning spots.
Apart from removing stains, spots and spills, this machine also acts as a dryer thanks to its powerful suction. The latter is so powerful that it is capable of filling the dirty water reservoir of the machine. Speaking of reservoir, the machine features two easy to fill tanks, a dirty water tank, and a clean water tank.
Being a portable hand held scrubber, it weighs a meager six pounds and is thus easy to carry around. The spray nozzle measures 4 inches in width while the motor has a voltage of 120 volts. In regards to power, the scrubber is corded, which means you get a continuous supply of power when using it.
It is accompanied by a measuring cup, a manual, and a dirty devil cleaning solution. Also, it has a two-year warranty attached to it. The warranty applies to all parts; the motor included.
- Versatility, in that it can be used on upholstery, rugs, and carpets
- Comes with an extra long cord for continuous power
- Is a portable handheld scrubber
- Has powerful suction for quick drying
- Removes spots, spill and stains quickly
- Easy to use
- Can be noisy compared to other scrubbers
- The dirty water tank may take too long to dry and may require a heater to dry
- Some users have complained of being sprayed with dirty water while using the machine
It is important to note that the Spot Scrubber from Dirt Devil is not a carpet cleaner. As the name suggests, the spot scrubber is used for cleaning small spots on carpet surfaces or vehicle seat upholstery. In this regard, the scrubber is incapable of cleaning an entire carpet. Sadly, some users discredit it based on its inability to clean an entire carpet or rug.
It is a cleaning appliance like any other. Therefore, although it is designed to make cleaning easier, it is not void of cons. However, this is not to say that it’s an unreliable cleaning appliance. On the contrary, its efficiency is one of its selling points.
- Best Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
- Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus M084650RED (With Tools) Review
- Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik SD20000RED Review
- Reasons to Buy a Dirt Devil Broom Vac
Share This Article: