Pros: The Electrolux UltraSilencer EL6986A is an affordable, lightweight, and powerful vacuum with incredible sound dampening technology.
Cons: It lacks some of the features that other vacuums in its price range have.
Verdict: If you’re looking for a powerful but quiet vacuum that can easily clean bare floors and low-pile carpeting, then the EL6986A is an ideal choice.
When homeowners choose vacuum cleaners, they place their priorities on the cleaner’s ease-of-use, mobility, accessories and, quite importantly, silence.
A cleaner that shakes the ground with thundering noise is an absolute nightmare.
The Electrolux UltraSilencer EL6986A is one that brings some relief. With a few outstanding features, it has garnered rave reviews on major online retail sites.
But is this the right cleaner for your home? A look at its features, pros, cons as well as a little advice will help you decide.
This functional cleaner comes with:
- Sound dampening technology with a low 65 decibel noise level.
- Variable Speed Controls.
- A telescopic wand.
- High-quality accessories.
- Automatic Cord Rewind.
- A furniture guard.
- An ergonomic handle.
- And over-molded wheels.
The many advantages of this cleaner make it worth considering:
- It is silent – Perhaps the most compelling reason for buying the Electrolux UltraSilencer is that it works silently. Sound dampening technology lowers its decibel range to just 65. It does not disturb sleeping children.
- An array of accessories helps you clean inaccessible areas – The Electrolux UltraSilencer’s range of high quality accessories please many customers who have bought it. A few of them report that the telescopic wand is easily adjusted, allowing them to spot stubborn dirt tucked away in corners. Others compliment the high-quality turbo nozzle, dusting brush and a crevice tool for enabling them to clear dirt in hard-to-reach areas.
- It has dynamic suction power – Further, this cleaner’s 12 amp motor gives it dynamic suction power. It can clean bare floors and other short pile carpeting with ease. Some users mention that lifting dog hair off tough spots is a breeze with the help of this machine’s suction control button.
- It has high quality HEPA filters – Another reason this functional tool cleans well is its high-quality HEPA filters. Built to HEPA standards, you are assured that it removes dirt quickly and efficiently.
- This vacuum is portable and mobile – To add, it is a boon for those with perpetual backaches. Electrolux made this cleaner for all to carry. The retractable, long 7ft cord means that you do not have to plug and unplug it constantly. The ergonomic handle allows you to move it easily. A user reports that it weighs a mere 12 pounds, making it easy for young children to tote around. The sleek power head allows the cleaner to slip under furniture to reach stubborn dirt.
- It stores easily – Portability aside, this cleaner’s retractable power cord and slim power head allows you to store this household tool easily. A few users mention that they easily found a place for the machine’s useful accessories in their storerooms.
- Accessories and HEPA filters are easily available – This cleaner’s accessories are replaceable as well. Find the HEPA filters and other tools on Amazon or hardware stores.
- It has moulded wheels – One more attractive feature of this cleaner is its moulded wheels. The machine does not leave scratches or scuff marks on your floor as it cleans. Carpets, too, are safe.
Manufacturers have yet to come up with the perfect cleaner. Perhaps they will, in time to come. Until then, we have to put up with the drawbacks of any cleaner we buy. The Electrolux UltraSilencer certainly has its fair share of them.
- This is a bagged vacuum – For starters, the UltraSilencer is a bagged canister vacuum. To clear the machine, you need to replace the bag. This exposes you and your family members to lots of dust. This is not ideal for those with asthma and other allergies.
- No motorized brush roll – Though it has useful attachments, it has no motorized brush roll. This is a practical tool for cleaning edges and carpets.
- Not that effective on thicker carpets – A motorized brush roll would allow the machine to clean thicker carpets, but the Electrolux UltraSilencer, unfortunately, does not have this feature. On the other hand, this means that it’s very safe to use on bare floor surfaces like hardwood.
- No washable filter – Moreover, the HEPA filters are not washable. They are disposable, which means that you cannot avoid the added cost of replacing them.
Ultimately, this machine is extremely dynamic. It cleans hard floors well and is a boon if you have little or no carpeting. Buy it for quick, effective, and most importantly, silent cleaning.
If you have extensive, wall-to-wall carpeting, you might want to consider a different cleaner.
- Electrolux UltraOne Deluxe EL7085ADX Review
- Electrolux Ergorapido EL2010A Review
- Electrolux Ergorapido UltraPower Studio EL3000A Review
- Electrolux Ergorapido EL1064A Review
- Electrolux Nimble Brushroll Clean EL8902A Review
Share This Article: