In the interest of saving time and energy, a lot of us like to invest in small hand-held vacuums to help with the tiny messes around the house. These things tend to store a lot more easily, capture more dirt than a broom, and help you avoid full-on daily vacuuming sessions.
It’s in this vacuum category that the Eureka EasyClean 71B makes its appearance, operating with the same convenience and price discounts that Eureka specializes in.
When it comes to handhelds, simplicity is key. Anyone willing to bother with all the bells and whistles would probably opt to just take out their full size vacuum rather than messing around with a complicated miniature.
With that in mind, the EasyClean 71B has just enough to talk about to make it very practical without going overboard.
The motor on this vacuum is a small 5.5amp, giving it a strong suction for its size as the head is about six inches wide. It has an easily detachable hose, which can be used with a large variety of accessories due to the lack of special hooks or attachment systems. A crevice tool has been included, as it is the most commonly used with this type of vacuum to reach the hard to get to places. The total weight? Only 5lbs in total.
Arguably the most convenient thing about this little handheld is the trademarked “RiserVisor” feature. This is a clear plastic shield that directs the head to clean either horizontally or vertically with just a quick flip. Pairing that with the on/off brush rolling head makes this an ideal machine for tricky stairs or furniture backs. All dust and dirt goes through a single washable filter with a collection cup that can be removed for emptying and cleaning.
This is definitely one of the better handheld vacuums we’ve seen at this price range.
The combination of these features can prove useful for a variety of reasons:
- The 20ft wrap-around power cord and small size make the EasyClean into an “EasyStore” vacuum. It won’t take up a lot of space wherever you want to put it.
- Having an adjustable visor makes it a whole lot easier to to get furniture, car seating, stairs, and a variety of other places cleaned without awkwardly holding it upside-down.
- Brush rollers are your friend when it comes to removing pet hair, but it’s good that you can also turn it off and use just the suction on some more delicate floor mats or hard surfaces.
- If you’re planning on using this vacuum for long periods of time, you might want to start exercising now. While it’s not a particularly heavy machine, it will slowly become pretty heavy if you use it for bigger jobs.
- There is a bit of noise because there’s no engine insulation to quiet it down. It’s one of the side effects of cutting down the frills. At least it doesn’t effect the performance of the vacuum.
- While the bagless dirt cup is convenient, it can be difficult to clean out at times.
The EasyClean 71B is mostly designed for stairs, car interiors, furniture, and small surface messes. It’s good at what it does, and will save you from a lot of headache when dealing with vertical surfaces like the risers on stairs.
If what you’re looking for is versatility and ease of use, this model from Eureka is the perfect match. If you’re looking for more features and accessories, don’t dwell too long over this model.
As always, we recommend reading some of the great customer feedback before deciding if it’s right for you.
- Eureka Quick-up 96H Cordless 2-in-1 Review
- Eureka RapidClean Step 41A Review
- Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Canister Vacuum Review
- Best Eureka Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
- Choosing The Right Eureka Airspeed Vacuum
Share This Article: