Pros: The Miele Complete C3 Alize (formerly the Miele S8590 Alize) is an exceptionally powerful vacuum that can operate with minimum noise. It’s well designed, has great features, and boasts an average life-expectancy of over 20 years.
Cons: Not the most suitable vacuum for high-pile carpeting.
Verdict: If your home has mostly hard floor surfaces or low-pile carpeting, you won’t find another vacuum better suited for the job than this.
A Quick Overview
Miele is a vacuum brand trusted to make high quality products. They’ve been around for years, setting a standard for excellence in the field of bagged vacuums.
The Miele Complete C3 Alize canister vacuum model does great justice to the company name, adding features which customers secretly craved for on the earlier versions, as well as things that nobody else would have thought about, all without compromising on the usefulness and effectiveness of the vacuum itself.
Let’s talk about some of the things that make this machine a worthwhile purchase.
This is a bagged, canister vacuum that comes stock with one powerful, non-electric head attachment and the usual vacuum accessories.
The overall design of the latest Alize was well thought-out, from the ultra-light body weight that makes it easy to drag around while you clean to the sealed and practically silent system.
While it wouldn’t be advised to call your grandmother during use, you can actually hold a casual conversation while using this thing and you don’t have to shout.
Quiet vacuums are wonderful for those with small children, and this model can actually be used while your child is sleeping without waking them up!
Two nifty convenient features that Miele has added to the new Alize model are the wheel design and the docking bay on the body.
The wheels are air-filled and rubberized for amazing maneuverability and the small shocks add to the silence of the system, even when you are vacuuming traditionally loud tiles with grout.
The wheels also help the vacuum to follow directly behind you when you are pulling it, instead of veering off into the walls and doorways as you attempt to travel around the house.
Another convenient feature is the docking bay, which automatically turns the vacuum onto standby when the head is leaned against a certain part of the body, resuming full power when removed. A perfect feature if you have to stop in the middle of cleaning to answer a phone or move something out of the way.
While there are a lot of things to talk about with this particular Miele, 3 features stand out about it and are especially worth highlighting when considering this model:
- Automatic power suction settings – You can choose the power setting manually or choose this mode which will adjust to the optimal level automatically. Particularly useful if you accidentally latch the powerful suction head onto something it shouldn’t have attached to, such as a very thin run or tangle of cords. Also, this can save you the hassle of adjusting the power when moving from small area rugs to hard floors and back.
- LED lighted head – A feature highly praised in customer reviews, this 30-second LED light helps you actually see where you’re cleaning if you have to reach a dark space such as a small closet, underneath furniture, or between two large objects. Spider webs will be running for cover, no longer able to hide from you and your vacuum.
- Sealed HEPA filter system – HEPA filter systems like this are essential for those with allergies or asthma, because they collect significantly more dust and small particles than any other systems. The Miele bags are designed with a custom fabric that contains a large amount of the dirt, with the remaining air going through a smaller, sealed HEPA filter to trap even more dirt before it is released back into your house. There is even a handy little light to tell you when your HEPA filter needs to be changed.
Where It’s Most Useful
Miele’s Complete C3 Alize is a vacuum designed for hard floors and low carpets. It is ideal for these surfaces because of the stock non-electric head and the easy roll wheel design. With certain purchasable attachments, it can be used on medium-large carpets, but the suction strength and overall design are meant for a more low-down floor situation.
Compared to Other Models
Miele makes all kinds of vacuums for various different housing scenarios, each with their own specialty. If you look at this model against the previous models in the S8 line or the more economical S2 line, there is little comparison to be made. When pegged against other top of the line models, it has to be noted that the Alize has a different specialty than the others.
While there are vacuums with powerful electric-operated heads and stronger suction that is ideal for carpeted houses, Alize is engineered to work better than those models on hard surfaces, low carpets, and area rugs.
Bottom line is this: If your house is mainly hard floors or low-pile carpeting, you will have a tricky time finding a more powerful, practical, or user-friendly vacuum than this.
- Miele S8390 Kona Review
- Miele S7280 Jazz Review
- Miele S8380 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum Review
- Miele S6270 Quartz Canister Vacuum Review
- Miele Classic C1 Olympus (Formerly S2121) Review
Share This Article: