Miele Vacuum Reviews, Comparison, and Buying Guide 2017
Miele vacuums are known as some of the best vacuums available on the market, but they come with a higher price tag than many others.
If you want to make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck, you should do your homework before you go out and buy a Miele vacuum.
They are great investments which will last you for 20+ years if you take care of them, so take your time and select the best Miele vacuum model that will fit your particular needs the best.
Here is a quick comparison of the top 5 Miele vacuum cleaners currently available:
Top 5 Miele Vacuum (Classic & New Models) Comparison Chart 2017:
|Top 5 Miele Vacuums|
(1 - 10)
Miele Classic C1 Olympus
Miele Compact C2 Quartz
Miele Classic C1 Capri
Miele Complete C3 Alize
Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog
What Do You Need For Your Home?
There are many different kinds of vacuums with different qualities worth looking into. Depending on the type of home you have, your needs many be separate from those you know with different homes. Here are some of the things to pay attention to when you’re choosing your Miele vacuum:
1. Do you have more hard floors or carpets?
Hard floors and carpets require different vacuum attachments and suction power. You will need stronger suction for thicker carpets, but if you have mostly hard floors you don’t need as much power, but you will need softer brush attachments to avoid scratching the floor. If you have a mix, you need a vacuum that can adjust.
2. Do you have problems with allergies or not?
If you have allergies, pay attention to the kind of filtration you are using. All Miele vacuums have a HEPA filter, but some have closed systems in addition to the HEPA filtration which will trap even more particles and improve the quality of your air.
3. Do you have pets or kids?
Pet hair and dander can make a huge mess in your home if you don’t have the right equipment to deal with it. A Miele pet vacuum will come with attachments specially designed to pick up more hair and dander than a regular vacuum. A specifically designed Miele vacuum for pet hair is something every pet owner should consider before shopping other brands.
4. How large is your house?
You might consider getting a smaller vacuum if your house is very large. This way you can clean the whole house more easily without getting tired. On the other hand, if you prefer to work more quickly there are vacuums with larger heads that can complete each room faster.
5. How much weight can you handle?
You should take your own strength into consideration when you look at different weights. Uprights can be heavier that canisters, especially if you have to go up and down the stairs at any point. Don’t get a machine that is too heavy for you to handle around the house while you clean.
Best Miele Vacuum For Hardwood Floor
Hardwood vacuum cleaners should never leave marks or scratches on wooden floors. They should have rubber wheels and felt padding on their bases. They should also be light and compact. The ideal hardwood vacuum should have a detachable beater brush or no brush at all. Like all vacuums, hardwood cleaners should have powerful suction to dislodge dirt wedged in the grain of the wood.
Miele Olympus C1 Classic
The Miele Olympus C1 Classic has a reputation for outstanding performance on wooden floors. It weighs only 10 pounds and has a reach of 29.5 feet. The Olympus C1 is also quite quiet because it has insulation that muffles the motor’s noise.
- The has no motorized brush roll, making it perfect for wood floors. The lack of brushes is an advantage that allows for dirt to be sucked directly into the vacuum without being pushed out of the vacuum’s reach.
- The of brush rolls allows the vacuum to clean by straight suction, which is preferable for wooden floors. This means that the Olympus C1 has more suction power than equivalent Miele vacuums with brushes.
- It also has a good filtration system that uses Air Clean auto-seal filter bags to prevent dirt from escaping the vacuum.
- The Olympus C1 also comes with high-quality accessories. The telescopic wand and crevice nozzle make it easy to clean hard to reach places. The upholstery tool, dusting brush and “fiberteQ” floor tool allow the vacuum to clean surfaces like furniture and low pile carpets. This adds to the versatility of this vacuum.
- Like other Miele vacuums, the Olympus C1 comes with a 7-year warranty for the motor and casing. It also comes with a one-year warranty for other vacuum parts.
Best Miele Vacuum For Carpet
Vacuum cleaners for carpets should have strong beater brushes and very powerful suction for thorough and deep cleaning of the thickest carpets.
Miele Complete C3 Kona
The Miele Complete C3 Kona Vacuum Cleaner is a high-performance canister vacuum. It comes with integrated silence insulation, which makes it a quiet vacuum. Despite its compact size and low noise output, it does an outstanding job of cleaning medium pile and thick carpets.
- It has a strong, electrically powered brush. The power brush is powered by its own separate motor, enabling the vacuum to effectively deep-clean medium-pile and thick carpets.
- The vacuum’s 1200 watt motor provides powerful suction that can remove dirt from the very base of the carpet.
- The C3 Kona comes with two filtration functions. It comes with AirClean bags, whose seals prevent dirt from escaping the vacuum. It also has active HEPA filtration. The vacuum is perfect for those who are very sensitive to allergens.
- The Miele C3 Kona also comes with quality features and accessories that are useful for cleaning many kinds of surfaces. It has an upholstery tool and a dusting tool, which are suitable for cleaning of surfaces like sofas and curtains. Its crevice tool and parquet twister floor brush are perfect for cleaning nooks and other hard to reach places.
- The electric telescopic wand that comes with this vacuum is made of stainless steel. It increases the vacuum’s reach.
- With a reach of 33 feet, a retractable power cord and a weight of only twelve pounds, the C3 Kona is extremely easy to use. Its compact design also makes the vacuum easy to carry around and store.
- Like other Miele vacuums, the C3 Kona comes with a 7-year warranty for the motor and casing. It also comes with a two-year warranty for other vacuum parts.
Miele vs Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
Shopping for a vacuum cleaner revolves around choosing the ideal brand for you. The number of vacuum cleaner brands that are available in the market today have not made it any easier. There are newer brands every other day, and many people learn the hard way to go with reliable trusted models that have stood the test of time.
Miele is a German brand that exemplifies excellent cleaning in ways that many brands cannot possibly showcase. More importantly, the brand constitutes high-end vacuum cleaners, so if you are not limited to a budget, and would like great quality cleaning appliances, Miele is your go-to brand.
One of the products that stands out from the Miele line-up is the Miele Polaris. This appliance not only has great aesthetics, it also works effectively on surfaces with hard floors. If you have carpets with low pile, you will most certainly appreciate the efficiency of the Polaris appliance.
Additionally, all of Miele’s products are designed with an array of power settings that allow you to vary the suction power and tweak your cleaning experience. The different models are also lightweight, and easy to maneuver. You cannot afford to overlook the presence of HEPA filters, an integral aspect of vacuum cleaning as it ensures dirt particles in the air are trapped.
Dyson is, undoubtedly, one of the world’s most iconic brand as far as vacuum cleaners are concerned, and for good reason. The brand’s greatest selling point, perhaps, is the fact that the appliances do not lose suction power. The appliances are also bagless, and use HEPA filtration technology to get rid of airborne dirt.
Depending on your needs, you can always settle for choice models. You need to make sure, however, that your pockets are deep for the simple reason that Dyson vacuum cleaners are high end products, so it is not a surprise if you find one that goes for well over $700.
Comparing Miele and Electrolux Vacuum Cleaners
We aim to get the best value for our money when buying a vacuum. Effectiveness, ease of use and durability are the main qualities we look for in a vacuum, whatever brand it may be. Miele and Elecrolux vacuums are trusted by consumers for their many good qualities.
Miele vacuums are high-end products known for their performance and durability. The Miele brand is synonymous with quality. Electrolux vacuums are known for their low noise output and numerous features.
A comparison of vacuums from the two manufacturers helps us make a purchase that we will enjoy for years.
What You Need in a Vacuum
Different homes have different needs. People with allergies need high-performance vacuums with very good filtration. Those with pets need vacuums capable of removing fur. Homes with wooden floors need a different vacuum from those with carpets.
Both Miele and Electrolux make vacuums that cater to a range of customer needs. To determine the better brand, a comparison is made between vacuums from each brand that have similar features or lie in the same price range.
1. Electrolux UltraFlex EL4335A vs Miele Complete C3 Calima
The UltraFlex is the latest high-end offering from Electrolux. It weighs only 11.6 pounds, making it easy to move. People with allergies will appreciate the vacuum’s sealed design and HEPA filter. The filter can be rinsed, which minimizes replacement costs for the filter. Thanks to its 12 watt motor, the vacuum has powerful suction. It easily gets dirt out of low-pile and thick carpets alike. The UltraFlex comes with specialized bare floor and carpet nozzles, making it quite versatile. Like many Electrolux models, this vacuum is quiet.
The UltraFlex leaves room for improvement, however. Its dust cannister could be bigger. In order for the vacuum to perform optimally, the cannister must be emptied often. The HEPA filter must also be cleaned regularly lest the vacuum turn itself off during vacuuming. The 21-foot retractable power cord could be longer.
The Miele C3 Calima is a high-end bagged vacuum. This whisper-quiet, compact and lightweight vacuum(weighs only 12 pounds) belies the thoughtful design, craftsmanship and power of a German machine. A 1200 watt motor affords the Calima powerful suction that effectively cleans low-pile and medium-pile carpets. The vacuum’s multi-layered filtration and sealed design prevent allergens from escaping the vacuum. The Calima does an excellent job of removing and containing allergens. It is also versatile and ships with useful tools with allowances for many more.
Unlike the bagless UltraFlex, the Calima introduces the added cost of dustbag replacement. However, these multi-layered, self-sealing dustbags facilitate hygienic dirt disposal and add to the vacuum’s efficiency at containing allergens. Compared to the UltraFlex, the Miele has a longer power cord, which gives it a large operating radius of 36 feet.
For cleaning thick carpets, the UltraFlex is the better choice. The Calima is suited for cleaning low-pile and medium-pile carpets. In terms of noise, the Miele is the better option. It has a minimum noise setting no louder than boiling water.
The sturdy Calima has a 7-year warranty for both casing and motor, and a one year warranty for parts. The UltraFlex has a 5-year warranty. Of the two vacuums, the Calima is the more expensive option. It costs nearly twice the price of the UltraFlex. The cost is justified, though, because the Miele works flawlessly and has a 20 year lifespan.
Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986A vs Miele Capri-Canisters
The Miele Capri is one of the more affordable Miele vacuums available. Like the Calima, it comes with a powerful 1200 watt motor, a multi-layered filtration system and an AirClean exhaust filter. The Capri weighs only ten pounds, has a reach of 29 feet and is extremely quiet. It’s designed for your enjoyment.
The Capri lacks a sealed system and a standard HEPA filter. This explains why it costs less than the Calima. Households with allergy sufferers prefer vacuums with sealed systems that remove virtually all allergens. The vacuum’s crevice tool could be longer. Though the Capri has less features and advantages than the Calima, it is nonetheless effective and durable.
Near-silence is first thing you will notice about the Electrolux Ultrasilencer. This vacuum’s sound dampening technology makes it extremely quiet, with a noise output of only 65 dbA; the noise level of a spinning washing machine.
The Ultrasilencer is bagless, which means no money is spent on replacement dustbags. It weighs less than 17 pounds, has a 21-foot retractable power cord and a six-foot hose. The vacuum has good suction and removes all dust from smooth flooring. It comes with a standard HEPA filter. The Ultrasilencer is versatile. Its suction control has settings for the cleaning of different types of surfaces. This vacuum also has a wide nozzle that covers an area of ten inches at a time.
The Ultrasilencer is made for hard flooring and low-pile carpets. It does not clean medium pile and thick carpets as well as the Electrolux UltraFlex. Using this vacuum on thick carpets reduces its longevity.
Compared to the Capri, the Ultrasilencer is more quiet, cheaper and comes with a HEPA filter. It however weighs more and has less reach. Neither the Ultrasilencer nor the Capri are suitable for thick carpets. The Capri has an expected lifespan of 20 years, and Miele gives a seven year warranty for the casing and motor. The Ultrasilencer has a warranty of five years.
So Which is Better?
Electrolux vacuums are far more affordable than their Miele equivalents, but people with allergies prefer Miele products. Miele canisters remove and retain virtually all dirt from a room. They are sturdy and built to clean effectively for decades.
Upright or Canister?
This is one of the main distinctions that you’ll have to decide on. There is a large selection in each category, but each one has it’s own advantages and disadvantages. Keep in mind the above tips to help you figure out what you need in a vacuum.
Miele upright vacuums are generally not as popular as their canister counterparts. They are not as versatile or portable. Canisters do not always have as much power and they are easier to break because of the hoses needed, but they have a huge selection of vacuum heads for your different needs and they are much lighter so you can carry or pull them around anywhere in the house.
Miele Vacuum Filters, Accessories, and Replacement Parts
Whether your flooring is carpet, hard floors or something in between, Miele has just vacuum for you. They have gone a step further to provide vacuum filters, accessories and replacement parts. These accessories allow you to add new features and to your vacuum cleaner and extend its life.
- Dustbags – Miele provides dustbags and exhaust filters for all vacuum models. Dustbags made by a vacuum’s manufacturer offer several advantages. Miele dustbags fit perfectly with Miele vacuums, to ensure all vacuumed dust is directed to the bag. The dustbags also act like filters to keep fine dust from leaking out of the bag. They also neutralize bacteria and allergens. Miele dustbags are categorized by the models with which they fit. They are also categorized according to their functions. GM and FGN dustbags are good options for those with allergies because they close when the vacuum is opened. They are compatible with most canister vacuums. Websites that sell Miele accessories allow buyers to find the right dustbags. Miele dustbags come in packs of five, with a motor filter and an exhaust filter.
- Filters – These need replacement from time to time. Miele Air Clean filters and HEPA filters are readily available in the market. HEPA filters are compatible with all Miele canister filters. Air Clean filters come in different models, so you have to choose a model that works with your vacuum.
Miele has extensions that are useful in cleaning many types of surfaces.
- Extensions are available for cleaning different kinds of floor, upholstery, cars and delicate surfaces. Adjustable floorheads and dusting brushes are good for cleaning delicate or sensitive surfaces.
- Miele also has accessories for cleaning tight and inaccessible spaces. Miele long crevice nozzles are good for removing dirt from tight spaces. The Venetian blind attachment is perfect for cleaning radiators and grills. The mattress tool removes dirt from sofa cushions, mattresses, couches and gaps in bed frames.
- Some extensions are made for deep cleaning while others remove of fluff, pet hair and odours. The universal floor cleaner is the perfect tool for deep cleaning of carpets. It fits all canister vacuum cleaners. The turbo-brush is ideal for removal of lint and hair. It is compatible with all canister vacuums.
The manufacturer website is a useful tool for finding extensions that are compatible with your vacuum cleaner.
With the passage of time, wear and tear affects all things. Fortunately for owners of Miele vacuums, many of the vacuum cleaner parts have one or two year warranties. Motors have seven year warranties.
- The Miele SEB 236 Powerhead powerbrush is a powerful extension that is shipped with most canister vacuums. It is used to thoroughly clean all types of carpets. It is powered by its own motor and has five height adjustments. The powerbrush is detachable, and by removing the attachment, it can use straight suction to remove dirt.
- Hoses, wands and floor tools are more prone to damage compared to other parts. Miele tool kits contain hoses, wands and floor tools. They are readily available in the market. The tool kits come in different sizes to fit different models of vacuum cleaners.
- Miele also provides belts for motors and turbo tools. These are useful when the vacuum cleaner gets damaged after the warranty period has elapsed. The belts are available for many vacuum models. A number of online stores stock them.
Most Miele vacuum parts are available for purchase. Miele spares help your machine to return to working condition after it has been damaged. Accessories and extensions add new features to your vacuum as your needs evolve. Miele consumables keep your unit working optimally every day. All these products contribute to make your Miele vacuum last for decades.
Types of Miele Vacuum Bags
Different bags work with different models. Miele color-codes its vacuum bags. The model of the bags is also indicated on the packaging. Each type of Miele bag works with several different models. Some bags work with a wide range of vacuum cleaners.
- FJM allergen canister vacuum bags have red seals. They fit compact (C1) and mid-size(C2) Miele canister vacuums. They also work with Zephyr, Polaris, Galaxy and Series vacuums. (Series vacuums are those whose names start with the letter “S”). This means they are compatible with almost all Miele canister vacuums. They are ideal for people with allergies.
- Miele GN HyClean 3D Efficiency vacuum bags have light blue seals. They are made for C1, C2 and C3 canister vacuums. They are also compatible with S2, S5 and S8 series of canister vacuums. Miele 3D bags have greater capacity than other types of vacuum bags. Like other bags, they come with auto-shut and Air Clean features.
- Type H Miele bags have navy blue seals and work with Art S230, S270 and S920 canister vacuums. They have Air Clean filtration systems and auto-shut mechanisms that activate when the vacuum is opened.
- LL vacuum bags are made for ART and S920 ART models of upright vacuum cleaners. Like the FJM bags, LL bags come with Air Clean technology to prevent the escape of fine dust. They also seal automatically when the unit is opened. The bags have yellow seals.
- The Miele U Hyclean bags have green seals. They work with S7210 and S7510 upright vacuums as well as Dynamic U1 upright models. They offer the same advantages as FJM and GN bags.
- KK bags, which have yellow seals, are made for upright vacuums and come in two types. One type fits S140 and S141 mini upright vacuum models. Another type fits S142 and S143 mini upright models. They come with Air Clean technology and close automatically when the vacuum is opened.
- K IntensiveClean vacuum bags have yellow seals and are used with upright mini vacuum models ranging from S140 to S168. They are also compatible with mini vacuum models ranging from S190 to S198.
- Qualtex dustbags are compatible with numerous models of Miele vacuums. They come with navy-blue seals. They fit with all Miele Cat & Dog vacuums. They also work well with numerous Series canisters. The Amazon page of Qualtex bags has a list of vacuums that are compatible with these bags.
Knowing the different kinds of bags available is useful when finding the right type of bag for your product. The knowledge helps to narrow down your search and lessens the time spent identifying the correct product. Fortunately, once you’ve found this information, buying the right bag becomes simple.
Now that you have a good idea of what to consider, you can make a more informed decision about which Miele vacuum you will invest your money on. Whichever one you choose, it has the potential to last you for more than 20 years if you keep it well during the time you own it. You’ll notice the quality of the air improving in your home with regular use, and the floors will be much cleaner than before. Miele vacuum prices can be quite high on some models, you should be careful and choose one that you will be glad to use for years and years to come.
Top Rated Miele Vacuum Cleaner Reviews:
This high performance Miele canister vacuum is a favorite for home owners. It has a unique, beautiful and durable design along with a filter bag, sealed system and a powerful HEPA filter. This makes it the ideal acquisition for home owners who might […]
The S7280 Jazz is a mid-range machine that’s built to German-engineering perfection. It works quietly, but efficiently, leaving no stones unturned when it comes to removing dust. The apparatus is fitted with SwivelNeck Technology, which allows you to turn your device at any angle without […]
Aside from dogs, our home plays host to several cats as well. They are all stray cats, but my elderly mother who lives with us, has a bleeding heart when it comes to animals. Until now, I don’t know their exact number, but they run roughshod around […]
Cleaning? Who enjoys cleaning? I certainly do not! I find myself often thinking about how to make it easier, last longer and make it look like I work at it often. After all, people respect others who have a clean home, right? Well, let me tell you […]
Pros: The Complete C3 Alize (formerly the S8590 Alize) is an exceptionally powerful vacuum that can operate with minimum noise. It’s well designed, has great features, and boasts an average life-expectancy of over 20 years. Cons: Not the most suitable for high-pile carpeting. Verdict: […]
The Classic C1 Olympus (a.k.a S2121 Olympus) is exceptionally lightweight, with an equally exceptional cleaning power. It has grown in popularity and surpassed a whole series of vacuums developed since its introduction, including the Capri, Delphi, and the Titan. PROS 6 Stage dynamic […]
Website Disclaimer: We believe in being as transparent as possible when it comes to our website. As such, we do our best to provide you with valuable content and information to help you save money and make a more informed purchase. However, please do be aware that if you decide to buy any products from third party websites we have linked to, we will most likely (not always) receive some sort of compensation for it. HomeFloorExperts.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please feel free to bookmark and share any articles you find useful on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Thank you.
Share This Article: