Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of owning a canister vacuum cleaner knows that there is more to these machines than just suction power. They need to be able to jump through a few hoops before receiving a stamp of approval.
The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away
Let’s take a look now at some the pros and cons of this Shark canister vacuum and see whether it is worth buying.
Shark as a brand has had some tough competition from the likes of Dyson and BISSELL for years. Going back to the drawing board, they’ve discovered a groundbreaking feature in the vacuuming world that will change the lives of those who need to perform this chore, forever.
The Lift-Away functionality has made a significant difference in the way their upright vacuums are perceived. With this functionality so well received in the upright family, deciding to include a canister version was a natural follow-up.
- The powerful suction packed by this little number is simply astounding. Working well one heavy pile-carpets with all kinds of fibers, it has a very convenient lift-away function.
- Surprisingly, despite its great performance on carpets, it also does well on hard floor, surfaces as well.
- This is due to two power settings located on the machine, which you don’t need to bend down to change, as the buttons can easily be changed with your feet.
- This machine sports a lift-away design, which means that the body is able to detach from the wheels and you are able to remove the pipe in the wand, making it easy to clean the stairs.
- This model is priced from about $280, making it an affordable option.
- Boasting fingertip controls in the handle, the suction power can easily be adjusted.
- An LED light in the nozzle illuminates any dust or particles you may have missed or not seen at all.
- These guys guarantee that the machine will never lose suction.
- The machine boasts allergen control, trapping 99.9% of dust and allergen particles in the machine.
- Automatic cord rewind function means less tripping.
- Larger items seem difficult to pick up and need to be sucked up in multiple attempts.
- This noise level is rather high, making it difficult to do chores at any given moment.
- Even though the body detaches from the wheels, this guy is quite heavy for its size which makes it tiresome and tedious to use when detached.
- There is no rotation mechanism, which means flipping it over is very possible. No rushing around corners with this guy!
Even though this guy is on the heavy side, it may still be a good fit for your house if you require a convenient way to clean the stairs. A few extra sessions at the gym will have you lifting this guy with ease in no time.
If the weight is of concern, the upright model is lighter and easier to carry if you are willing to move away from a canister range.
It is worth investing in this model, as it hosts a whole lot of features at a fraction of the cost when compared to its competitors. A decent product at a decent price.