Pros: The Shark Rotator Lift-Away NV501 is a 3-in-1 vacuum that can switch between a powerful upright, a convenient canister, and a portable vacuum. It can effectively clean all types of floor surfaces including tile, rug, carpet, and hardwood.
Cons: The unit has a tendency to topple over when the hose is extended too far out.
Verdict: The powerful motor on this unit allows it to effective lift dirt from carpets, while the design and features make it gentle enough to use on delicate hardwood. If you’re looking for the best all-around vacuum cleaner for your home, then the NV501 is it.
Carpet-cleaning is an arduous process. Cleaners that can lift dirt effectively, and also remove pet hair from carpets, are rare. The Shark Rotator NV501, happily, can do both.
The NV501 comes with a set of features that make it one of the better Shark vacuums around:
- Three vacuums in one – The NV501 is three convenient vacuums in one. You may use it as an upright, canister or as a portable vacuum. A canister caddy converts it into a canister vacuum, and a Liftaway Pod allows you to carry the vacuum over to clean less accessible areas or places with no electricity, like your car.
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology – This is a huge plus for those who tend to develop allergic reactions to dust molecules.
- HEPA filter – Built to North American Standards.
- Rotator Technology – The NV501 uses rotator technology to navigate inaccessible areas, making it a highly maneuverable cleaner. Great for cleaning stubborn edges and stairs.
- Enhanced swivel steering – This means that the cleaner turns at convenient angles making it easier to move around corners.
- Shark Lift-Away Technology – Shark’s patented Liftaway Technology allows you to lift more dirt off carpets and floors. The strong suction clears stubborn dirt and dust particles.
- Premium Pet Tools – Pet owners will find the premium pet tools a boon. The brushes are perfect for lifting stubborn pet hair and mess off carpets easily.
- The suction is powerful – With Shark’s patented Liftaway technology, this cleaner’s suction is definitely powerful. Dirt stands little chance. Furthermore, it can function as an upright or canister vacuum, making sure that it never loses suction.
- It is lightweight – With a sound balance of plastic and metal, the machine is fairly lightweight and portable.
- The caddy is effective – Customers like the way the caddy allows the vacuum to convert from an upright to a canister vacuum.
- It is easy to empty – Just throw everything straight to the trash without darting anything else.
Like vacuum machines, the Shark Rotator NV501 also has a few flaws:
- The tools may topple it over – Customers mentioned that this vacuum was fairly light, so much so that the tools can actually weigh it down and topple it over.
- Hair can get lodged in the brushes – Hair lodged in the brushes is hard to remove. You may have to spend some time clearing them before your next use. If you have a lot of pet hair to deal with, you may want to consider reading this guide on finding a pet specific vacuum cleaner.
- The LED lights are not quite bright enough – When cleaning dark corners, use this vacuum with care. The LED lights do not shine nearly bright enough as a few consumers have reported.
- The flexible hose is a bit stiff – Some users say that the cleaner’s flexible hose is not that flexible at all.
If you’re looking for the best all-around vacuum cleaner that’s more than capable of cleaning all floor-types, then the Shark Rotator Lift-Away NV501 is the perfect option. All in all, it is a great tool to add to any cleaning arsenal.
- Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 Review
- Shark Rocket Ultralight HV302 Review
- Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E Review
- What’s So Great About Shark Navigator Vacuums?
- Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Review
Share This Article: